Camper Vans For Sale
There are always lots of campervans for sale, but you'll find a bigger choice at a lower price at the end of the autumn season, as people sell the vehicles they have enjoyed for the summer. This is a great time to buy a vehicle as it gives you the winter to prepare the vehicle for your spring and summer use.
Camper Vans For Sale on eBay
eBay is a great place to find camper vans for sale. Most listings have loads of photos you can see. You can see the vehicle before you bid (recommended) and you have a chance of getting a bargain.
Other places to find camper vans for sale
Depending where you live in the world, there are a number of different places to try and find used and new camper vans.
- Your local paper - the motors section of your local paper is a good place to check for user camper vans. Read the guide to buying privately.
- Local dealers - a great place to see lots of example. Good for deciding which size/type/layout is best for you.
- eBay.co.uk - it might seem strange, but eBay is a great place to buy a vehicle. Most have lots of pictures and information, so you can check it out and have a good thiking without leaving the comfort of your computer. But, there are things to be aware of when buying online, so check the guide to buying vehicles on eBay before bidding.
- gumtree.com - popular nationwide community website (originally London). Lots of vehicles from travellers returning from tips. Can have bargains, but check vehicles carefully.
- preloved.co.uk - good selection of campervans for sale in the UK and Ireland.
- autotrader.co.uk - the magazine and website have lots of vehicles.
- eBay.com - it might seem strange, but eBay is a great place to buy a vehicle. Most have lots of pictures and information, so you can check it out and have a good thiking without leaving the comfort of your computer. But, there are things to be aware of when buying online, so check the guide to buying vehicles on eBay before bidding.
- eBay.co.ie - A few vehicles available in Ireland. Many more available from the UK if you are preparred to make the journey across the border/water.
- gumtree.ie - Quite a few campervans for sale across Ireland. This link is for Dublin, change city for other places in Ireland.
- www.mycamper.ie - Campervan and motorhome dedicated classifieds website.
- www.carsforsaleireland.ie/camper-vans/ - A good selection of campervans and motor homes.
eBay.com.au - A few vehicles at different prices. Easy to browse through and see what's on offer.
- gumtree.com.au - Loads of campervans for sale in Australia. The link opens to Sydney, browse to other cities for different places across Australia.
- gumtree.co.nz - loads of campers for sale. This link is for Auckland, browse to other cities for places further south.
- www.backpackerboard.co.nz - a stready stream of campervans for sale. Most by backpackers on their way home, so a chance to get a bargain.
- sellit.co.nz - another steady rotation of vehicles for sale.
Here are some related pages that should be useful...
Fiat Ducato vans have become a popular choice for professional campervan conversions, motorhomes and DIY campervan conversions. The Ducato is well priced and reliable.
There are a few of Fiat's classic 900E campervans still in existence for those looking for a classic bit of history. Read more »
For years Talbot's vans dominated the vehicle choice for professional campervan converters. The tough vehicles were well-priced, the perfect size and easy to work with. Read more »
Peugeot's Boxer vans have become popular right across Europe. They are well priced, reliable, and have proven engines that are used in a surprising amount of vehicles, including non-Peugeot vehicles. Read more »
Mercedes Vito vans have become firm favorites as compact, weekend campervans for couples, small families and surfers.
Easy to drive, cheap to run, coupled with Mercedes build quality and reliability makes the Vito a great campervan. Professional conversions tend to use the high-top roof and better quality fittings. Read more »
Ford popularised the affordable van with the Transit in the 1960s. Since then millions have been sold, and many have become camper vans. Still one of the most (if not the most) base vechicle to use for a camper van. Read more »
Renault have made vans in Europe for years, and their Traffic vans proved popular with professional and DIY campervan converters. The vans were well-priced and easy to work with.
There are lots of professional conversions for sale, of varying ages. Some old bargains can be had if you have time and skills to do some repairs. Read more »
Nissan's Urvan vans have been popular vehicles for DIY campervan conversions for years. Mainly due to their long length. But these vans are also popular with carpet fitters, again for their long length, and there aren't many to be found today. Read more »
Toyota's HiAce vans are popular for campervans because of their reliability and build quality. In recent years less have been used for campervan conversions, due to the price of European vehicles becoming cheaper.
There are plenty of older models to choose from. Especially for those with the time and skills to find a bargain and give it some TLC. Read more »
Mazda's Bongo is a great multipurpose vehicle. Oringinally designed and built as a MPV/people carrier, they were soon adapted to allow simple living with a removable kitchen area, and seats that folded into a bed. Read more »